General RequirementsAll Doctors in the Gap volunteers write and submit reports, and many are involved in data collection
To work in the field with Doctors in the Gap, every applicant must meet the following general requirements:
In order to participate in the Doctors in the Gap programme, you must meet the following requirements:
- Age: 18 and above
- Available for a minimum of one month
- Basic conversational skills in English**
This includes a vocabulary of several hundred words, the ability to construct simple sentences and to read simple texts.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work and live with a diverse multi-cultural environments and groups
- Strong commitment to values and principles of volunteerism
- Aptitude to live under challenging conditions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer skills
All Doctors in the Gap volunteers write and submit reports, and many are involved in data collection. To apply to the Doctors in the Gap Programme you must have basic computer skills and must be comfortable using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Independent and motivated
- Commitment to the principles establishing Doctors in the GAP
Doctors in the GAP is an independent, apolitical programme and provides impartial care delivered on the basis of need alone.
- Must be abreast with health related issues and Medicine